###

This blog is currently on hiatus owing to work commitments. Whilst I still keep an eye on the goings on at RiAus, and contribute to the work of the good folks at eLife, little will be added to this blog for the foreseeable future. Simon Says remains open for business, albeit at a reduced capacity. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope the archive of content found here will prove to be of interest.

Thursday, 29 April 2010

The Third Leaders Debate: Live from Campus 1

10am
LAST night I went to see Fiddler on the Roof at the Crescent Theatre in Birmingham. I didn't expect that this morning I would show up to work at the University of Birmingham to see cameramen and police on the rooftops too.

Last week I randomly guessed that the third Prime Ministerial debate, billed as in the 'West Midlands', would be at the Great Hall on campus. It was a lucky guess, and as rumours spread excitement grew. Yesterday there could be no denying that the debate was here as vans, satellite dishes, spotlights and cables started to fill Chancellors Court. I had a wander round as they were setting up - I can't do the same today. Police are swarming, the archways of the redbrick architecture have been filled with body scanners, and university roads have been blocked off.

I have no idea what I will be able to see/tell from today. I am actually at work and have a whole day of work to do, but I will try to wander around the site every so often and see what is happening and update here if I can. Meanwhile I recommend that you visit Redbrick Online, home of the university's student newspaper, who are doing their best to cover the day's events.

No comments:

Post a Comment